M-100 Message Forum
 Hydraulic pump rebuilds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hughc

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2016 :  17:18:11  Show Profile  Visit hughc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who is the best for this ??

I need my Barmag hydraulic pump rebuilt on my 1965 SWB

Art Love

Australia
6139 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  19:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hugh,
Check with Martin Werminghausen as to how he is going with rebuilding these pumps. I know he is looking into it, but don't know what his current status is. I am responding because no one else has suggested an established shop in the USA or Canada. The only other person I knew was Schattenkirschner in Munich, but I don't know if he is still working. Keinle must either be doing it or have someone who does, because they are restoring 600's on a regular basis.
Art
Go to Top of Page

hughc

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  21:03:39  Show Profile  Visit hughc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Art:

I have emailed Martin and am very impressed !!!

Many thanks for your thoughts

Hugh

Go to Top of Page

daantjie

Canada
896 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  23:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Art Love

Hugh,
Check with Martin Werminghausen as to how he is going with rebuilding these pumps. I know he is looking into it, but don't know what his current status is. I am responding because no one else has suggested an established shop in the USA or Canada. The only other person I knew was Schattenkirschner in Munich, but I don't know if he is still working. Keinle must either be doing it or have someone who does, because they are restoring 600's on a regular basis.
Art

I actually recommended Martin in an earlier post by original poster.

http://m-100.cc/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9106

Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9
Vancouver, BC

Edited by - daantjie on 08/01/2016 23:08:37
Go to Top of Page

hughc

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  20:30:15  Show Profile  Visit hughc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Daniel in wonderful Vancouver !!!

Belated thanks for your help !!!!

hugh Creighton
Halifax NS
Go to Top of Page

werminghausen

USA
766 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  23:06:35  Show Profile  Visit werminghausen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If someone is interested... I am indeed renovating both Bosch and Barmag pumps for the 600 comfort hydraulic system. These are complex pumps and even though the two pumps are doing the same thing and look alike they are very different in design. There isn't a single part they share except for the shaft seal. I developed my own pressure testing, tools and procedures. For me it was quite fun to figure out how they work. Only if the design and technology is known it is possible to rebuild and test them. If you don't understand don't even try to open them.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

werminghausen

USA
766 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  13:42:58  Show Profile  Visit werminghausen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
update: I was building a more sophisticated test stand for these KH pumps in order to test and adjust them properly with digital pressure gauges.
I think the pumps can only be tested in a proper test stand as if they were in the car but with the pressure data needed for checking and adjusting.
If people are interested I can share more information.

Martin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.88 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06