Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

paul-NL

Netherlands
4202 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  21:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for this help.
A new RHD Vin and identified !!

I will wait for Chris' new investigations .....
Go to Top of Page

Chris

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  01:34:26  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

It could be a 3.

Engine is 100 980 22 000601: it is on the reg sticker, dated 1978, when the car was last registered. Back then, Vicroads only kept engine numbers, not chassis numbers.

It is astonishing to think of a car so valuable getting into that condition. But much of it is surprisingly good. The engine will not be out for some time, but I will keep you posted as to what that number is when I can find it!

The books with the cars are from the other one, that I already know about.

The car does have early mirrors on it, but it does have security keys, where 181 does not.

Is it possible to check 346 as the end number, and see what specs it had?

Art, I have found some gutter moulds for your W112....I will mail you details tomorrow: don't have your address on my work computer.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

mtrei

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  02:13:01  Show Profile  Visit mtrei's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

It is astonishing to think of a car so valuable getting into that condition.

It's amazing what some really wealthy people will do with their toys.

Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4202 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

Engine is 100 980 22 000601: it is on the reg sticker, dated 1978, when the car was last registered. Back then, Vicroads only kept engine numbers, not chassis numbers.

Hi Chris,

In that case the Vin should be around 000550
000546 is still free, so it might be that Vin ??
I hope this will help.

with kindly regards

Edited by - paul-NL on 06/20/2011 09:30:10
Go to Top of Page

Ron B

Australia
11561 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  18:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Ron B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
$15000 ???? for four roundies? They were actaully quite nice when I last them and that was a few years ago but if he has New parts then he may have deal. I wonder if he would swap a car for them to add to his collection..LOL!

quote:
12-14-2004, 11:49 PM #8
Tom Hanson
MBCA Member

What the heck, try to stuff a MB 6.9 liter V8 in it. What a machine that would be..

Art Love

Australia
6159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  18:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron,
He said he had a container of new parts, all roundie, including front suspension components, gearboxes, etc. I thought of you and Wolf. The parts are probably worth more than the cars. He did not want to break up the 4 cars and the parts he obtained to restore them. He said he was 77 and no longer in a position to undertake major projects. He certainly has a lot of cars from what he told me, including what sounded like some very nice and rare ones. It is amazing what people have "hidden" away. He seemed quite amenable to one or more of us going around to look at what he wants to sell - it would just be a case of ringing him and arranging it.
Art

Edited by - Art Love on 06/20/2011 18:26:39
Go to Top of Page

Chris

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  00:18:43  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A container of new roundie parts sounds good to me...

Someone should be picking up this collection of stuff....preferably me! But it is 2000km away.

Go for it, Ron!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4202 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  10:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The identified car 000843 is deleted, because we discovered after investigations, that the pictures belonged to an other car i.c. 000887.

Go to Top of Page

retrodave111

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  16:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paul, can you send me an email to retrodave111@aol.com, as i cant get you through the forum, it wont let me, i have some information on 000633, thanks dave collins

just one 600 is enough at the moment
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4202 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  16:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,

Email is send to you.
If you want to Email a person next time click on the posters name at the left side in that posting and poster will get tour Email(adres).

Go to Top of Page

retrodave111

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  17:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried doing that a few times, but it said i was not logged on so could not contact you, but i was

just one 600 is enough at the moment
Go to Top of Page

Ron B

Australia
11561 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  19:00:50  Show Profile  Visit Ron B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Art Love

Ron,
He said he had a container of new parts, all roundie, including front suspension components, gearboxes, etc. I thought of you and Wolf. The parts are probably worth more than the cars. He did not want to break up the 4 cars and the parts he obtained to restore them. He said he was 77 and no longer in a position to undertake major projects. He certainly has a lot of cars from what he told me, including what sounded like some very nice and rare ones. It is amazing what people have "hidden" away. He seemed quite amenable to one or more of us going around to look at what he wants to sell - it would just be a case of ringing him and arranging it.
Art

I went through his shed when I was talking to him years ago and it's full of cars ,most of which i couldn't see becauase of the parts stacked around them (sounds like my place...) but not everyone has a derelict rolls royce as a garden ornament.
Chris,I would be interested but I dont have room and the cost of realestate here is prohibitive at the moment

quote:
Tom Hanson
MBCA Member

What the heck, try to stuff a MB 6.9 liter V8 in it. What a machine that would be..

Chris

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  01:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had some luck!

The books for both of my cars have turned up.

The second car is 100 012 22 000556. Two service books haev been issued, the second in 1973, and the second relates to a Mr Cochrane, in Preston. Strangely, he had it serviced at his local service station.....I wonder what the Golden Fleece servo owner thought of having a 600 on his hoist...

Car 181 was certainly delivered to a Mrs E.A. Barrysmith. I went to a clearing sale at their property several years ago following the death of the last incumbent...a Mrs Barrysmith. I have their mantle clock, adn now their car.

The 600 was sold in 1973, and the books have within them a newspaper clipping with an ad for the car through Peter Menere Motors in Melbourne, and list a replacement cost of $45000.

There was also at the sale a W140 S320, being possibly a successor (albeit not a worthy one) to the 600.

Amazing what you can find. So the number 556 is now accounted for.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Ron B

Australia
11561 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  03:20:40  Show Profile  Visit Ron B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats cool! now show a pic or two of your W112 LWB manual. probably the only one ever built in RHD?

quote:
Tom Hanson
MBCA Member

Chris

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  04:35:52  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of at least two.

This one has sunroof, electric windows, manual, air cobnditioning, Becker.

It is also a very, very poorly executed LHD-RHD conversion that hasn't been run or put under cover for 10 years. Body very tired, some trims missing, rust, rust rust. Leather is toast, literally. Condition is comparable with the worse of the 600's, but with a complete windscreen. Also has a twin plunger pump motor in a 6 plunger car....

Nice specs, but nasty car.

I know of another RHD W112 manual, and that one was an original RHD, not like this one. Was sold to a gentleman in Singapore some years ago.

Owner of this one thinks he wants $20+k for this one. When he turns his brain on, I might own it....until then, not mine!

Unfortunately.

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06