Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ruud

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  14:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a long time, but I guess one shouldn't rush fixing the hydraulics of a 600.. But finally, finally my car holds pressure for a long time. And to be honest, not so much due to my skills, but for the most part due ot the interventions of Mr. Werminghausen. Some of you may remember this old thread, that started with problem that in approximately three or four days all hydraulic oil would flow back to the reservoir - including the oil from the accumulator. So every time I would take the car for a drive, it had to repressurize. For way too long I tried to find the element(s) with an internal leak ‘downstream’ as Mr. Werminghausen calls it. That is, behind the shut-off valve. But whatever I tried (the book describes some testing procedures), it never prevented the reservoir from being filled after a while. In the end I even tried to block the return hose completely - still the same problem! Then I remembered an almost forgotten suggestion that Mr. Werminghausen made months earlier. That is, to suspect the check-valves of the pump and the accumulator. So oil would not (only) flow back from the elements, but directly from the accumulator, using the supply hose. Finally it all made sense. But by that time the reprssurizing of the system started to take longer and started to act erratic. Just when I was wondering wether to remove both the pump and the accumulator (I always get nervous shipping parts), the accumulator seemed to have broken down completely, not being able to hold any pressure. Things got from bad to really worse. I discussed the repair of both the pump and the accumulator with Mr. Werminghausen. He strongly suggested to add a hydraulic gauge in the system, that would make it possible to closely monitor the system. Fortunately I had a spare flexible hydraulic line. After Mr. Werminghausen sent a gauge, I attached it to a spare connection of the shut-off valve. In the mean time I shipped both the pump (Bermag) and the accumulator to Mr. Werminghausen, who has developed a dedicated test bench for the pump. Both items were in desperate need for some attention, and the accumulator was even clogged with big chunks of dirt that may be deteriarated rubber. The hydraulic system really needs to be clean on order to keep working. Well, my parts were in a different condition - to say the least. Mr. Werminghausen completely overhauled both the pump and the accumulator, using new designed parts and even a new piston for the accumulator. The re-fitting of the pump and the accumulator is not too complicated. After starting the engine I immediately noticed the pressure build up by the gauge, that ended at exactly 200 bar. It has been quite a long adventure, but I finally feel that I am in control of the hydraulic system, and not the other way around. Much to the credit of Mr. Werminghausen to be honest, who suggested to add a permanent hydraulic gauge. I just feels great to really see how the sytem is behaving, in real time. No more guessing and assumptions. I do not own any shares in Mr. Werminghausens company :-) so I am at liberty to really recommend him for both the air suspension and you hydraulic parts. Besides the perfect job he is doing, he is always there to answer questions or share thoughts. Anyway, here is the setup of the guage:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06