Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  05:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From who do you have that info ???

It is not uncommon, that the chauffeurscompartment in a divider-car has an other colored interior as the passengercompartment or even other materials (leather in the front and velours in the rear).
How and from who do you know, that that car with the red interior (no 1894) was rebuild with black leather and the doorhandles were removed ?? The missing outer doorhandles was a factory KW-OPTION.
Why would someone do so ??
The car with red interior has flagholders and the car with black interior has it not. I saw that Landaulet with red interior live on the Essen Techno Classica for some years on the stand of Felix Thiede. Why should they have changed that good interior ??
Both Tito Landaulets had/have light brown leather interior. So that info was not correct.

We have identified 23 Landaulets and there are still 36 to go ..
I strongly believe the landaulet with black leather is one of the 36 unidentified landaulets and doubt if the info you have is correct.

It often is also seen that sellers refresh their cars and the same car has moved to an other seller. Cars that were offered by Huni in Switserland, then suddenly are offered in Hamburg Germany .. and Hamburg cars are offered by Huni or other sellers ..
Also not uncommon is that cars are auctioned and get the mark "sold" later turn up in an auction in an other country some time later ....
Or a car for sale in Switserland change the location and turn up first in an auction of Coys in Essen and now are for sale again in teh UK. An other LHD-divider-car was for sale at Meilenwerk Berlin for longer time and now is for sale in the UK.

Edited by - paul-NL on 09/24/2009 06:18:52
Go to Top of Page

Rob

56 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  07:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Paul, I did not make it clear. It is the photograph that has been chopped (changed/photoshopped) ...not the vehicle.

I know this is a fact because I have seen the original image. The image I posted was of the exact same car photographed at the same time. It was for sale a few years ago.

Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  08:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okee Rob, now I understand you.

So it is a "fake" ! Thanks for that usefull information. So we don't need to search further for that picture.

Edited by - paul-NL on 09/24/2009 08:07:25
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  13:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Rob,

I found the set of pictures in which the fa Thiessen anounced the car as a Tito car ....
"Quelle une blamage"

In those pictures you can now see that the colour of that earlier picture is fotoshopped in black, as you said.
So that safes me a lot of useless searches for it's Vin.
It is the ex Landaulet of the President of Senegal often fotografed with licensenumber SYY889.
I am glad you solved this mistery. Thanks again.

Edited by - paul-NL on 09/26/2009 19:58:14
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  20:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came home from a very pleasant trip to Germany for a meeting with several friends.

As my wife got to bed, I quick checked my Email and got a new Vin and pictures of a Landaulet in London for auction soon.

it is LHD no 1129 with short softtop in black with red leather.
I will add this also on page 1 in the overview.

Go to Top of Page

will

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  16:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
it seems to be a very interesting car. Do know the preowner or in which nation it was delivered? Have you other pics?- it seems in a bad condition.
Greetings Wilfried
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  18:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hy Will,

here is the Link:
http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/52051/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

I don't have more Info's
Greetings from Holland

Go to Top of Page

mtrei

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  18:51:44  Show Profile  Visit mtrei's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul-NL

it is LHD no 1129 with short softtop in black with red leather.

I wonder why it has early style head rests?
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  19:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to be all correct, but some of the very last produced with nackenrollen. Remember the LWB took some longer buildingtime as the SWB. The next car 1130 has also nackenrollen on the rearseats.

The first with later style headrests, I have cought, is number 1133.
So it all fits together to me

There are some exceptions !
For example no 161, which was the official werksVERSUCHSwagen, in which all newer options were build in, as more factory owned cars were renewed to more newer specifications/outfit.

Edited by - paul-NL on 09/27/2009 20:01:19
Go to Top of Page

Art Love

Australia
6138 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  21:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would want to be wealthy to take that one on and have a good supply of spare parts. In what little is shown on the pictures, there is a lot missing. I'm not surprised there is no reserve. They may have to pay someone to take it.
Art
Go to Top of Page

Rob

56 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  05:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul-NL

You are right Rob,

I found the set of pictures..fa Thiessen

Well done Paul ....good work :)

I was wrong about the middle doorhandles ...this one never had handles on the middle doors.

Also, this is a nice one ....I'm not sure if it is available for sale or not.
http://www.finkelde-automobile.com/

Edited by - Rob on 09/28/2009 05:00:59
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  08:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

I am very glad with your add of the fotoshopped picture, so I save much time in hunting on a non existing car

The "finkelde" landaulet is already in the view and is no 896 in the overview. That car is. as I am informed well in hands of a collector in south germany. As I remember well finkelde restaured some parts or hydraulics of that car ....

Go to Top of Page

Ron B

Australia
11545 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  05:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Ron B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crayford landau for sale in UK.New Zealand. (duh Ron.. )
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/71277

quote:
12-14-2004, 11:49 PM #8
Tom Hanson
MBCA Member

What the heck, try to stuff a MB 6.9 liter V8 in it. What a machine that would be..

Edited by - Ron B on 10/02/2009 18:24:32
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  05:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt,

as I am informed, the Crayford-conversion should be a RHD, auctioned in Las Vegas ..... and here offered is a LHD .... Also claimed in the passed to be possesed by queen Beatrice .... ????
Go to Top of Page

Ian Keers

United Kingdom
407 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ad says it's in Auckland, New Zealand.

Ian Keers
United Kingdom
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06