Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

will

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  17:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

the seller of that time told me, it was delivered to Sierra Leone, but I dont know, whether this is correct. When you look at the "sign" of the back door, you can recognize two lions(perhaps Sierra "Leone"??). If Sierra Leone was in former times an English colony would this declare the "RHD". I think this car was built in 1967.

Regards
Will
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  19:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Will,

as I study all those pictures, then it seems, that the Landaulet in which our "belgian Mark" is married could be the same car.
He writes us. it was a RHD Landaulet, what is fitting.
It shwos a short softtop, what is fitting.
It is black wit dark red leather, what is fitting.
It has that same (as far as I can see on the pictures) that same Wapon on the thrunklid instead of the silver Star, what is fitting.

So I strongly believe it IS the same car (or an exact double).

greetings and thank you for the many pictures. Still twelf identified cars and we have reached 20 % of all build cars.
That is an increadeble result. As we started we had never thought and hoped to reach soooooo far.

Go to Top of Page

will

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  12:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

I compared the wapon and I found in "wikipedia" the wapon of Sierra leone; the same is fixed on the Landaulet.- I remember, that Idi Amin was the president of Uganda and this wapon is very different. So I think, this car canīt be an Idi-Amin-car.
Greetings from Germany
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  13:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okee Will,
again e step ahaid ....

Go to Top of Page

will

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  17:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
here a pic of the yellow Landaulet owned by the Royal family of Thailand. In the backround a Pullman.
Greetings
Will
Go to Top of Page

rialto9

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  02:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
I am missing the red one which is part of the Linfox collection that is located in Melbourne.
The car was over here in Perth (Western Australia) on loan from Linfox for the annual "SHOW + SHINE" show some years ago.
It was reported to have belonged to Ringo Starr (Beatles). It was still equipped with some
sort of customized sound system of the 1970s.
Should be easy to obtain photos from Brian Tanti, the head of the Lindsay Fox restauration
department. Brian is a very approachable guy and could privide the VIN.
Also on the Nth. Korean government car: The ABC TV owns some footage of a military parade in Nth. Korea and the vehicle can be seen on the big plaza amongst marching
soldiers. ABC TV has shown this many times here in AUS.

Best regards

Walter
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  09:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wilfried and Walter,

@ Will: Thanks for that picture. It was completly new to me. Can you find some more Info as the productionyear or other info or details ??? The white car is the background is no Pullman but a SWB. Somewhere else on this board is a picture from that SWBcar with two red trooperlights in the front published.

@ Walter.
That Ringo-car is a 6d-LWB but NO Landaulet, so it belongs not in this "Chapter". I have one good picture of that car but are in dubio about its Vin. Some auctiondescribtions mention the Vin as 1090 while other describtions mention 1091. The car had the Licensnumber PRE 732F. If you could get me additional pictures and Info about its correct vin I would be very Thankfull ....

Go to Top of Page

mtrei

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  13:11:07  Show Profile  Visit mtrei's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul-NL

That Ringo-car is a 6d-LWB but NO Landaulet, so it belongs not in this "Chapter". If you could get me additional pictures and Info about its correct vin I would be very Thankfull

Here's a couple of pictures of Ringo riding in the back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AInLCzbQBXM/SebRBMYrwDI/AAAAAAAAKVQ/0Lv1D_g-8FY/s1600-h/1.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AInLCzbQBXM/SayunEBjedI/AAAAAAAAJ1A/v1RNZPqKTE8/s1600-h/4.JPG

Silver, Hmmm.

Edited by - mtrei on 07/19/2009 13:23:50
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  13:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
thanks for the pics.

but Silver ????

Ringo's 6d was maroon (dark bordeauxrot) not silver ....
Then it must be George Harrisson's car SWB, which was white or Silver ... (no real pict available (yet) ..... or Ringo must have had two 600's.

Greetings from Holland

Edited by - paul-NL on 07/19/2009 13:51:22
Go to Top of Page

mtrei

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  13:58:49  Show Profile  Visit mtrei's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul-NL

Hi Mike,
thanks for the pics.

but Silver ????
Ringo's 6d was maroon (dark bordeauxrot) not silver ....

At least the second picture is a different car, a SWB 600. The Beatles were famous for painting their cars different colors. John's Rolls went from black, to white, to psychedelic within about three years. John's 600 LWB went from white to black, and is now white again.

Just to confuse things further, look at this clip from about 1:20. You see Ringo's chauffeur driven silver 600 SWB, and George has a white SWB that he drove himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpkOmkYM-z8
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  14:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

George's white SWB had Licenseplate RWE 420E. So thats is definitly white now .... Is marked in my database.

Then we can conclude the Ringo must have two 600's. The Maroon LWB and a silver SWB. Last car I have no "data" yet ....

which is in australia nowadays....

And here again the white Bangkok-SWB, which seems to be a 1975 car, in the background from the "yellow" Landaulet.

Edited by - paul-NL on 07/19/2009 14:35:07
Go to Top of Page

will

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  18:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

sorry, its a SWB, you are right and the same as showed at your picture. More informations about the yellow Landaulet you can find in "mercedesenthusiast", an english journal printed November 08. I will read the article to get more news. If you want, you can order this magazine via internet under mercedesenthusiast.co.uk.
Greetings
Wilfried
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2009 :  19:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Will,

would like to have that magazine, but may only pay by creditcard ...

Edited by - paul-NL on 07/20/2009 15:44:42
Go to Top of Page

rialto9

Australia
53 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  09:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I must be confusing the Ringo car with a Landau owned by Bob Jane of Melbourne.

Cheers,

Walter
Go to Top of Page

paul-NL

Netherlands
4193 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  11:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Walter,

Lindsay Fox owns both, the silver landaulet and also the maroon 6d-LWB from Ringo Starr.
About the last car there is dubio over the correct Vin. The silver Landaulet is welknown and is the RHD-1942.

Greetings from Holland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06