General Discussions
 Spammers have to be watched.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ron B

Australia
11550 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2007 :  20:36:53  Show Profile  Visit Ron B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I notice this posted up on Hotrodders .com. Makes for facinating reading.
http://spankmymarketer.com/tenneco.html

...There are old cars,and then there are Classics..(Mercedes Benz Ad. 1999)

Gerrett

USA
919 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  15:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Gerrett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Dynomax (Tenneco) cat-back system on my Impala SS. Unlike the OE stainless exhaust system, the Dynomax system has rusted away to junk... twice.

Ok, enough about Tenneco's products! With profit margins so slim, and traditional marketing (TV, radio, newspaper) heading WAY south in a hurry, it doesn't surprise me that slick Internet marketers can con a big company's marketing department by promising results.

Frankly, we all know that word of mouth is still the BEST way to market a product for the long term - it's virtually free, and such word of mouth advertising is generally the most trusted form. Someone lurks on a website, gets friendly and well-known, then begins to "talk-up" a particular product or service. Time-consuming, but cheap and effective.

Ultimately, it comes back to the time-honored tradition: Buyer Beware!

If you think that a poster on the M-100 Forum is a stealth marketer, please let me know. I can be downright nasty!

Gerrett Conover,
M-100 Membership Sec'y
-----------------------
1971 600 SWB
1979 450SEL 6.9
1995 Impala SS
1996 S500
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M-100 Message Board © 2002-2015 International M-100 Group, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06